The Farm at FBA
Since establishing the school farm in 2012 the direct benefits of school farm for pupils are wide-ranging:
· Improves physical and mental well-being
· Builds life skills such as confidence, teamwork, and communication
· Enhances literacy, numeracy, and oracy skills
· Enriches the entire curriculum from science, maths, and geography, to art, design, and languages
· Encourages a better and healthier lifestyle
· Teaches about the environment and sustainability
· Helps young people engage with their surroundings better and develop a sense of responsibility
We intend to run a programme of activities during form time which will be fun but that we hope will also complement the curriculum in Math, Science, English, DT, and ART.
Each session will be tailored to the year group and tasks will require group and team co-operation/communication enhancing social skills and boosting personal development.
The FBA Farm is a member of RHS Gardens and Grow London and support sustainability and conservation on the farm site.